Inmarsat published the results of the fourth edition of the Inflight Connectivity Survey. Latin American passengers, are the most likely to use the WiFi service in flight.
The availability of WiFi in flight is a key driver in customer loyalty and satisfaction among airline passengers today in the Latin American region, according to an industry survey of passenger attitudes. The fourth edition of the annual global survey, Inflight Connectivity Survey, was published by Inmarsat, provider of global mobile satellite communication, in partnership with the market research firm, Populus.
According to Inmarsat, access to WiFi has already become an essential part of the daily life of more than four fifths of Latin American respondents (83%) who consider it "fundamental" for daily life. More than two thirds (69%) of passengers in the region describe access to WiFi in flight as crucial, which meets the demand for WiFi on board is key to improving the passenger experience and build loyalty.
In fact, WiFi is now so critical for the passenger, that four out of five people (80%) would be more likely to re-book with an airline, to have high quality WiFi during the flight. It is considered as the third most important factor for the passenger in Latin America when selecting an airline, after the reputation of the airline and the luggage without cost.
Highlights of the survey in Latin America
Of the passengers surveyed in the region
- 94% would choose to use WiFi in flight on their next trip, if
- 84% of business passengers would probably work on the plane to remain productive of having WiFi
- 80% indicate that they would be more likely to rebook with a certain airline having high quality WiFi
- 74% of passengers would probably recommend having WiFi in flight after having used it
- 66% of those who have had WiFi access in flight in the last year used
- 60% are willing to give up an alcoholic beverage during their flight in exchange for connecting to the
- 56% of those considered anxious travelers have agreed that WiFi in flight would help them to calm their anxiety, as they would keep in touch with friends and family on land